The Wander Woman Podcast frequently charts in Travel and Places in over 13 countries around the world and, on all of Apple Podcasts, has been ranked #1,345 out of 500,000+.
It is the first travel podcast to take on a magazine style – rather than the format of a simple interview – and has been listened to and downloaded in more than 72 countries from the UK to Australia and beyond by tens of thousands of people. It has been selected as “Best of” travel podcasts by The Telegraph, The Guardian and The i newspaper, Globetrender and Tech Times - to name a few.
Every episode, award-winning broadcaster, travel writer, author and photographer Phoebe Smith offers a behind the scenes journey to a different destination which features interviews with locals and vivid descriptions to make the listener feel like they are there too - without having to leave home. The main ‘destination’ story weaves together her passions for finding off-the-beaten track places, undertaking quirky and unusual activities, discovering wild spaces in unlikely mass market destinations, watching wildlife and meeting the unsung heroes behind conservation efforts.
Additionally the Wander Woman Podcast’s regular features are:
- Wander Woman talks to… a celebrity interview (past guests include Bill Bryson, Cerys Matthews, Ed Byrne and Levison Wood)
- Best Travel Gear for a life on the road - a review of a key piece of kit
- Travel Hack of the Month - the hard-won advice to help you get more from your travels
- Top 10 in Travel - a round-up of the best walks, destinations or activities to inspire your wanderlust
- Hidden Hero - an interview with an unsung travel pioneer
- Wander Woman of the Month - the traveller whose name is lost in the history books
Wherever you are - come wander with her…